Awards & Recognitions
- Jan 27: Lawrence Wooten named chair for National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC) Utility Industry Group (UIG). The UIG is a group of electricity, gas, and water organizations involved with generating and supplying individuals and businesses with utility industry specific best practices to foster increase diversity spend.
- May 12: American Water named Noteworthy Company by DiversityInc.
- July 20: American Water Recognized With Top Score on Disability Equality Index
- Aug 27: American Water Recognized by U.S. Veterans Magazine & Military Times Magazine for Industry Leading Support of Veterans
- Sept 30: American Water Named 2020 Secretary of Defense Employer Support Freedom Award
- Oct 5: Sharon Manker, Sr. Diversity Program Lead, named 2020 Minority Enterprise Development Champion of the Year by Women's Business Enterprise Center East (WBEC East), regional affiliate partner of WBENC, the largest certifier of women-owned businesses in the U.S. and a leading advocate for women business owners and entrepreneurs.
- May 14: Military Times awards American Water with Best for Vets for 2019.
- July 22: Top Scorer on the Disability Equality Index for Disability Friendly.
- Jul 23: Rhonda Carter Adams, Supplier Diversity manager for Illinois American Water, was recently recognized by Who’s Who Diversity in Color (WWDIC) in the Most Intriguing People category.
- Aug. 1: VIQTORY announced Military Friendly® employers. American Water achieves Gold level status which means our results were within 10% of the 10th ranked organization.
- Aug 8: Bruce Hauk honored by National Black Chamber of Commerce with the 2019 Inclusion and Diversity Award
- Oct. 17: VIQTORY announced Military Spouse Friendly® employers. American Water is one of 106 organizations awarded with this recognition.
- Minority Business News (MBN) USA Magazine Volume IV salutes 2019 All-Stars of Supplier Diversity for American Water Works Service Co. Inc. (pg. 79).
- American Water Works Service Company, Inc., named a 2019 America’s Top Corporation for Women’s Business Enterprises with Bronze distinction.
- May 7: Military Times awards American Water with Best for Vets Employer for 2018.
- June 29: American Water is ranked as one of the leading companies for diversity, governance, & transparency in the Philadelphia region.
- July: American Water named to the newly-launched NAACP Equity, Inclusion & Empowerment Index.
- Aug. 6: Victory Media announced Military Friendly® employers. American Water achieves Bronze level status which means our results were within 40% of the 10th ranked organization.
- Aug. 21: U.S. Veterans Magazine recognized American Water as a veteran-friendly company and for having a veteran-friendly supplier diversity program.
- Aug. 27: American Water was approved for Military Spouse Employment Partnership (MSEP) partnership.
- Oct.: American Water was honored by The Forum of Executive Women as a Champion of Board Diversity for 2018.
- Nov: American Water is recognized as a 2019 member of the Bloomberg Gender Equity Index.
- Nov. 15: American Water partnered with the Paradigm for Parity® coalition and announced its commitment to further support inclusion and diversity efforts across its corporate leadership structure by 2030 as well as show support for the same actions in corporations across the U.S.