Emergency Rental Assistance Program

If you are a renter and need help paying your Pennsylvania American Water bill due to COVID-19, there are programs to assist you. The Emergency Rental Assistance Program provides assistance to households that have experienced financial hardship and may be at risk of homelessness due to COVID-19. ERAP provides tenants with financial assistance for rental and utility costs.

ERAP programs are administered by each county. To find out more about the program and how to apply in your county, visit Pennsylvania’s Health and Human Service website or find your ERAP county contact below.

Adams County – Contact South Central Community Action Partnership at 717-334-7634 for apply online.

Armstrong County – Contact Armstrong County Community Action Agency at 800-405-6252 or apply online.

Beaver County – Call 211 for information or apply online.

Berks CountyContact Berks Coalition to End Homelessness at 610-372-7222

Bucks County – Visit Bucks Emergency Rental Assistance to apply online or 888-50-BUCKS

Butler County - Contact Center for Community Resources at 724-431-3700 or apply online.

Centre County – Contact Centre County Adult Services at 814-355-6768 or apply online.

Chester County –Call 211 for more information

Clarion County – Contact Clarion County Housing Authority at 814-226-8910 or apply online.

Clearfield County – Contact Central PA Community Action at 800-822-2610 or apply online.

Clinton County – Contact Clinton County Housing Coalition at 570-748-2954 or apply online.

Columbia County – Contact Central Susquehanna Opportunities at 570-644-6575 ext. 171 or apply online.

Cumberland County – Visit Cumberland County Housing and Redevelopment Authority to apply online or call 717-249-0789.

Dauphin County – Visit the Dauphin County to apply online or call 211.

Indiana County – Contact Indiana County Community Action Program at 724-465-2657 or apply online.

Fayette County – Contact Fayette County Community Action Agency at 724-437-6050 option 2 or apply online.

Jefferson County – Contact Jefferson County Community Action at 814-938-3302 ext 206 or apply online.

Lackawanna County – Visit Lackawanna County Rent Relief to apply online or call 211

Lancaster County – Visit Lancaster County Housing and Redevelopment Authorities to apply online or call 717-590-3101.

Lawrence County – Contact Lawrence County Community Action Partnership at 724-658-7258 or apply online.

Lebanon County – Visit Lebanon County Community Action Partnership to apply online or call 717-273-9328.

Luzerne County – Visit Commission on Economic Opportunity to apply online or call 570-826-0510.

McKean County – Contact the McKean County Redevelopment & Housing Authority at 814-887-5563.

Montgomery County – Call 211 for more information.

Northampton County – Contact Third Street Alliance at 610-438-1763

Northumberland County – Contact Central Susquehanna Opportunities at 570-644-6575 ext 171 or apply online.

Pike County – Visit Pike County Human Services to apply online or call 570-296-3434.

Schuylkill County – Contact Schuylkill Community Action at 570-622-1995 or apply online.

Susquehanna County – Contact Trehab at 570-278-5289 or apply online.

Union County – Contact Union-Snyder Community Action Agency at 570-374-0181 option 2, or apply online.

Warren County – Contact Warren-Forest Counties Economic Opportunity Council at 814-726-2400 ext. 104 or apply online.

Washington County – Visit Blueprints to apply online or call 800-846-0871.

Wayne County – Contact Wayne County Department of Human Services at 570-253-2304 or apply online.

York County – Visit York Community Progress Council to apply online or call 717-846-4600.